As an individual investor, it’s difficult to know who is on your side. It can be hard to distinguish one financial services firm from another or one industry group from another.
That’s why I was interested to see Daniel Solin’s new series for US News in which he categorizes various industry parties as “friend” or “enemy” — no room in between. (In reality, I think there is a bit of a gray zone. But quick categorizations can still be helpful for investors trying to work their way through the morass that is the investment industry.)
- Investing: A Friends and Enemies List from Daniel Solin
- Penelope Wang of Money interviews Charles Ellis
- Stock Market Gains Come from A Few Top Performers from Larry Swedroe
- Lessons from the Top 11 Mutual Fund Companies of Today and 1989 from Allan Roth
- Are Investors Really This Clueless? from Canadian Couch Potato
- Why Financial Advisors Favor Bond Funds Over CDs from The Finance Buff
- Stock Market Highs and Your Retirement from Roger Wohlner
- Dividing ETFs Into ETIFs and ETAFs from Rick Ferri
- Is It Time to Reform the 401(k)? from Matthew Amster-Burton
Thanks for reading!