My new book, Investing Made Simple: Investing in Index Funds Explained in 100 Pages or Less is now available on Amazon.
(For new readers: I write a series of books that’s intended to be something akin to CliffsNotes for financial topics. This is the latest in the series.)
Who This Book is For:
Anyone who has questions about investing, but who doesn’t want to trudge through a 300-page textbook.
What You Will Learn:
- Asset Allocation: What does it mean, why is it so important, and how should you determine your own?
- How to Pick Mutual Funds: Learn how to choose funds that are mathematically certain to outperform the majority of other mutual funds.
- Roth IRA vs. Traditional IRA vs. 401(k): What’s the difference, and how should you choose between them?
- Financial Advisors: Learn what to look for as well as pitfalls to avoid.
- Frequent Investor Mistakes: Learn the most common mistakes investors make and what you can do to avoid them.
- Calculate Your Retirement Needs: Learn how to calculate how much you’ll need saved in order to retire.
What the Book is Not:
- This book is not a great work of literary art.
- This book is not going to make you an absolute expert on the topic, and
- This book is not going to provide you with a way to get rich overnight.
What it will do (hopefully) is provide an easy-to-understand, concise introduction to the topic of prudent investing. 🙂