This week, Vanguard announced that a number of funds, including very popular funds such as Vanguard Total Stock Market and Vanguard Total International Stock, will soon begin tracking new indexes. As far as I can tell, it’s what I would categorize as “mildly good” news. If you want more information, you may want to check out:
- The announcement from Vanguard,
- Morningstar’s interview with Vanguard’s Joel Dickson explaining the change,
- Rick Ferri’s article assessing the changes affecting domestic funds,
- A WSJ article from Jason Zweig discussing the new CRSP indexes back when they were first created, or
- A webcast next Tuesday in which Gus Sauter and Rebecca Katz of Vanguard will discuss the new changes.
- The Error-Proof Portfolio from Christine Benz
- The DALBAR Study Overstates the Behavior Gap from The Finance Buff
- “Tracking Error” Regret is a Real Risk from Larry Swedroe
- Getting Free Advice from a CFP from Financial Ramblings
- Your Most Critical Retirement Planning Challenge from Steve Vernon
Other Money-Related Articles
- A Checking Account Paying More Than High Yield Savings from The Finance Buff
- Betterment Gifts: An Alternative to Wedding Registry Sites from Matthew Amster-Burton
Thanks for reading!