People often send me links to articles that they’ve enjoyed, so that they can be considered for inclusion in the weekly roundup. This week, John Oliver’s segment on retirement plans was wildly popular.
The actual information won’t be terribly new to regular readers here (keep costs low, watch out for advisors who are looking out for their own interests rather than yours, etc). But it’s the most entertaining delivery of those messages that I recall encountering.
Warning: As is typical of a John Oliver segment, the video contains an abundance of adult language and themes.
- Retirement Plans from John Oliver
- The Key to the Best Financial Advice: Humility in Large Doses from Jason Zweig
- Is Your Retirement Calculator Designed for Accuracy? from Darrow Kirkpatrick
- Deciding if a Financial Adviser Is Right for the Job from Paul Sullivan
- The Pros and Cons of Roboadvisors from Jim Dahle
- How Asset Allocation Has Historically Affected Withdrawal Rates from Wade Pfau
Other Money-Related Articles
- Net Unrealized Appreciation from Jim Blankenship
- Rules for Doing a Qualified Charitable Distribution from an IRA from Michael Kitces
Thanks for reading!