There have been several studies/surveys showing that, on average, women tend to have lower-risk portfolios than men. This week I came across an article by Helaine Olen at The Atlantic, which I thought presented a good hypothesis for why that might be the case.
- Why Women Don’t Take Risks with Their Money from Helaine Olen
Other Worthwhile Investing Articles
- Why IPOs Underperform from Larry Swedroe
- Are Low Early Withdrawal Penalties on CDs Worth It? from The Finance Buff
- Best HSA for Investing from Financial Ramblings
- How Practical is Tactical? from Jason Zweig (regarding tactical asset allocation)
- Why Tactical is Impractical from Rick Ferri
- Stocks: How to Play the Fiscal Cliff from Allan Roth
- A Tip for (Older) Spousal Beneficiaries of an IRA from Jim Blankenship
- Explaining Risk to Clients: An Advisory Perspective from Wade Pfau discussing a paper of the same name
Thanks for reading!