The big news this week is obviously the Supreme Court’s ruling against the Defense of Marriage Act. With regard to the long list of personal finance ramifications for same-sex couples, the best source I’ve seen so far is Lambda Legal’s collection of topic-by-topic fact sheets. But as you’ll notice by reading through the fact sheets, there are still many questions that are unanswered at this point.
- After DOMA from Lambda Legal
In other, blog-specific news, Google’s “Google Reader” service will be discontinued as of July 1. For those of you who subscribe via Google Reader, you may want to switch to Feedly. (It’s what I’ve personally begun using as a Reader replacement.) Or, you could sign up to receive Oblivious Investor articles directly via email. (Just visit the blog’s homepage and enter your email address in the blue box below the header.)
- Three Fatal Flaws of Risk Profile Questionnaires from Allan Roth
- The Wrong Kind of Diversification from Rick Ferri
- A Troubling New Trend for Existing Variable Annuities from Michael Kitces
- Portfolio Diversifier: REITs vs. Precious Metals Equity from The Finance Buff
- Video Interview on Asset Dedication from Wade Pfau
Other Money-Related Articles
- How We Sold Our House in 24 Hours from Darrow Kirkpatrick
Thanks for reading!