The big personal finance news this week is that the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the federal government in King v. Burwell. The issue being decided was whether taxpayers in states that declined to establish their own health insurance exchanges could receive premium subsidies. The Court definitively ruled that, yes, they can.
- Adam Liptak of the New York Times has a good summary of the issues and ruling, and
- The full opinion can be found here.
- Socially Responsible Investing: Worth the Price? from Darrow Kirkpatrick
- 529 Plan Deduct and Run from The Finance Buff
- Richard Thaler’s “Misbehaving” and Implications for Investors from Joe Tomlinson
- Fight Financial Clutter (or Do as I Say , Not as I Do) from Allan Roth
Thanks for reading!