There’s no reliable way to know when the next market downturn is coming. For those of us who are still many years from retirement, that shouldn’t be a scary thought, given that a market downturn simply allows us to buy shares at lower prices. But, as Bill Bernstein reminds us this week, a market downturn can be a big problem if you’ve just retired, if your portfolio isn’t prepared for such an event.
- Taking Some Winnings Off the Table—Before It’s Too Late from William Bernstein
- Index Annuities Do Not Provide Stock-Like Returns from Jim Dahle
- Retiring in a Low-Return Environment from David Blanchett, Michael Finke and Wade Pfau
- It’s Time to End Financial Advisers’ 1% Fees from Jonathan Clements
- Why Trading Foreign Currency is a Bad Idea from Allan Roth
- Is Investing a Zero-Sum Game? from Monevator
Thanks for reading!